Their can be few success stories in Irish music of late to rival that of The Coronas, the band who have moved from the release of an independent EP to become one of the country’s biggest bands in a few years. With both their albums flying straight into the top ten and their live tours getting bigger and bigger, the band have set their sights on new horizons, with an increased presence in the US and UK.
· The Coronas are THE band to watch with a platinum–selling record and a prestigious Meteor Award (Irish Grammy) for album of the year “Tony Was An Ex-Con” beating the likes of U2, The Script, and Snow Patrol.
· As one of the hottest live bands, they headlined Ireland’s Oxegen Festival this summer playing in front of a crowd of 30,000 and have also played many major UK festivals including Isle of Wight and Hard Rock Calling winning over a legion of new fans.
· The Coronas opened for Sir Paul McCartney in Dublin and also shared the stage with him at the Isle of Wight festival last summer. They have also opened for Pink and others in Europe.
· In this short time the band have even managed to perform sell out dates in South East Asia, Australia and the U.S.
· The Coronas latest album “Tony Was An Ex-Con” shot straight to #1 in the Irish Indie and iTunes charts and #3 in the National Album chart.
· Hit singles include “San Diego Song”, “Someone Else’s Hands” and “Won’t Leave You Alone”.
· The band maintains a high profile on YouTube with over 1million collective views and an international following.
· The Coronas will bring their signature rock show on tour around Europe as special guests to The Script which kicks off January 30th.
“The Coronas are that curious but irresistible case study, a people’s band” Hot Press
“The Coronas have become an Irish phenomenon” Irish Independent Day & Night Magazine
“Ireland’s new favorite sons” Rave Magazine